Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2020 fire season. Miller Timber Services, Inc. prides itself in providing elite professional private wildland fire crews.
Average Hourly Wage $16.41-$18.00/hr.
$8,000-$14,000 Potential Summer Income
As emergency responders, Wildland Firefighters have been deemed essential to supporting and protecting public safety. Training certification courses will be modified due to COVID-19 for participants safety and following the recommendations provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Operational procedures will be adapted for the 2020 fire season and extra precautions initiated to mitigate the exposure to COVID-19 on the fireline. The services wildland firefighters provide are critical to protecting communities from the threat of wildfires.
Upcoming Training Dates:
Training courses and physical fitness testing has been modified to accommodate social distancing. Immediate on-line training available with instructor lead virtual classroom and small group outdoor field components. Contact us today, register below to get started!
Register today to reserve your spot and complete the pre-course work.
- Must be 18 Years old
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (includes marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Pass physical fitness test-3 Mile hike with 45lb pack in less than 45 min
- Contain, control and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment
Miller Timber Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.