Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2019 fire season. Miller Timber Services, Inc. prides itself in providing elite private wildland fire crews that uphold the ethics and stewardship values of the profession.
Average Hourly Wage $16.41-$18.00/hr.
$8,000-$14,000 Potential Summer Income
Upcoming Training Dates: Check back later for dates
- Must be 18 Years old
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (includes marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Pass physical fitness test-3 Mile hike with 45lb pack in less than 45 min
- Contain, control and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment
Miller Timber Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.