Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2021 fire season. Miller Timber Services, Inc. prides itself in providing elite professional private wildland fire crews.
$8,000-$14,000 Potential Summer Income (Average Hourly Wage $17.54-$19.50/hr)
As emergency responders, Wildland Firefighters have been deemed essential to supporting and protecting public safety. Training certification courses will be modified due to COVID-19 for participants’ safety and following the recommendations provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Operational procedures will be adapted for the 2021 fire season and extra precautions initiated to mitigate the exposure to COVID-19 on the fireline. The services wildland firefighters provide are critical to protecting communities from the threat of wildfires.
Upcoming Training Dates: October 11th-15th 2021 Class starts 7:30am so arrive 15 minutes early.
Training courses and physical fitness testing have been modified to accommodate social distancing. Immediate online training available with instructor lead virtual classroom and small group outdoor field components. Contact us today, register below to get started!
Register today to reserve your spot and complete the pre-course work.
- Must be 18 Years old
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (includes marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Pass physical fitness test-3 Mile hike with 45lb pack in less than 45 min
- Contain, control and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding the line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment
Miller Timber Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.