With over 39 years in the forest industry, Miller Timber Services has proven to provide rewarding and fulfilling careers for those who join our hard-working team.
Taking care of our equipment is a top priority–this involves traveling between Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, and many other states to regularly service our fleet of over 20 Ponsse Cut to Length machines. To see the Harvester and Forwarder machines in action, google Miller Timber Services and Ponsse on YouTube.
As a member of the Miller Timber Services team, a mechanic’s primary responsibility is to maintain, diagnose and repair Ponsse Cut to Length equipment with little to no supervision in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance and service
- Identify warrantable repairs and document them on repair orders
- Maintain work area and tools in a professional appearance
- Must be proficient in the use of powers tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding and cutting equipment, jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test and diagnose defective equipment using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices.
- Keep detailed reports on used and needed parts
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by maintenance supervisor.
- 5 years practical experience with heavy equipment maintenance preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical school certification preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines and power tools) required.
- Current driver’s license, clean driving record and insurable required.
- Willingness to work required schedule, including unscheduled hours needed to keep the equipment in the field working.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Miller Timber Services, Inc. offers competitive wages, health benefits, retirement, year round work and an opportunity to grow with the company.