We are looking for a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. The ideal candidate should posses strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized and have excellent leadership skills.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Hours & Benefits:
- This position is considered full-time. As as exempt salaried employee, there are not set hours for this position. However, this position is expected to be available and working during normal business hours, which are currently 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. At times, the needs of the business may require work outside of these hours.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
- 6 Holidays
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid education and training
- Starting pay: $6,700 – $8,350 per month, DOE
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
To request an application or submit your resume, please provide your contact information below.