Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2021 fire season. Individuals will need to provide documentation of their previous time on the fireline.
Hourly Wage Dependant On Experience And Qualifications
(additional compensation for experienced sawyers and MSPA approved drivers)
- More than 15 documented operational periods on the fireline in the last 5 years
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (included marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Contain, control, and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding the line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment