Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2022 fire season. Individuals will need to provide documentation of their previous time on the fireline.
Base Fire Rate $16.00/hr. plus $4.59/hr. Health and Welfare for the first 40 hours of the workweek
Average hourly pay $20.59-$24.00/hr.
*Additional compensation for sawyers and MSPA approved drivers
Hourly Wage Dependant On Experience And Qualifications
(additional compensation for experienced sawyers and MSPA approved drivers)
Notice: Proof of Covid vaccination may become necessary based on federal contract terms and conditions contingent on current Nationwide injunction placed on executive order 14042
- More than 15 documented operational periods on the fireline in the last 5 years
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (including marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Contain, control, and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding the line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment