Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2021 fire season. Individuals will need to provide documentation of their previous time on the fireline.
Average Hourly Wage $19.04.-$21.75+/hr.
(additional compensation for experienced sawyers and MSPA approved drivers)
- More than 15 documented operational periods on the fireline in the last 5 years
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (included marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Contain, control, and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding the line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment